Friday, November 30, 2012

Visit toTDA world headquarters

Just back from a fun week in Toronto; centre of the universe, victors in the 100th Grey Cup and home to the Tour d'Afrique office.  I had emailed in advance to see if there was a particular time to visit, but I hadn't heard back from the person I checked with.  We decided to drop in anyway, and our group of 4 in red Stampeders jerseys burst through the door, stopping all work being done with our arrival.  We introduced ourselves and were graciously welcomed by Henry, Brian and Shanny.  It turns out Mike, who I had emailed, was off in Costa Rica, helping with the Doomsday Ride.  Our hosts patiently answered our many questions and we left feeling even more excited about our impending adventure.

With just over a month to go until our departure for Cairo there is a lot left to do so now I must get focused!  Today I received a package pickup notice from the post office which I hope is our passports being returned from the Sudanese embassy with visas attached.  Then the passports have to go back in the mail to the Ethiopian consulate for another visa.  Thankfully, the other 8 countries we visit are happy to sell us a visa at the border.

I don't want to sound whiny but the weather here has not been very favourable for cycling so I have been spending a lot of time on the wind trainer in the basement.  It is a challenge staying interested for the hour minimum that I make myself do.  Usually I listen to music with earbuds in, since the wind trainer makes a bit of a racket.  If no one is home, I will sometimes sing along and I must say I have a new appreciation for the athleticism of singers.  It is difficult to pedal at a workout pace and sing along and breathe!  I sure hope no one comes in unannounced while I try this but the awful noise I make would probably scare anyone away.  On occasion, I watch tv instead of listening to music and had a trip back in time the other day when I found a rerun of The Partridge Family to watch.  That David Cassidy is still as dreamy as he was when I was in junior high!

Check out the TDA website - it has been totally redesigned and looks great!

No comments:

Post a Comment