Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Living the good life at the Sweetwater Lodge

Bike ride? What bike ride? Just leave me here, with my luxury tent, busy watering hole just down the path and a gourmet lunch which has left me wondering how I will be able to waddle over to the jeep in a bit here to go for our late afternoon game drive. And I thought our Nanyuki hotel was luxurious!

The only thing our accommodations have in common with the little backpacking tent we set up every night on the road is the walls are fabric. The bathroom is tiled, there is hot and cold running water, power, robes and slippers, you get the idea...this is nicer than nearly every hotel room I have ever stayed in.

We've been here about 4 hours and have seen hundreds of animals....lots of deer family representatives - Thompsons gazelle, waterbuck, impala, loads of birds including a huge stork (no baby slung in its beak, so much for that myth), zebras including one baby one, lots of warthogs including a very comical little baby and, and, a GIRAFFE! Amazing, I am quite enchanted with all this and to top it off, there is Mt Kenya resplendent in the background.

Photos to follow...



Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment